Day 26 of my photo challenge was to take a picture of the vase that has shells in it that sits on our coffee table.
It's a little sideways but I like the way that it came out. The vase I found while I was working for BYU-Idaho's cleaning department. During the summer of 2008 I worked for BYU-I's cleaning department specifically for the girls dorms from 5 am to 12 noon. Then I would work at Albertson's from usually 1, 2, or 3 pm until 10, 11, or 12 at night.
When working for the BYU-I the summer semester ended and people usually left items behind. We would then bring the left items to the laundry rooms or the lounges where most of the lost and founds were placed for the specific dorms. If after a week no one claimed any of the items that were brought to the lost and found we could take what we wanted and throw the rest of the items away.
One of the items that never got claimed was this vase. I liked it and at that time we were so poor we couldn't afford anything (not even a vase). I took it home, washed it really well and placed different decorative items within it. For a good long while it just sat empty on our table or in a closet.
Than in 2011 we went to California for Labor Day weekend and spent a day at the beach. It had been several years since we were able to go to a beach so when we went we had a great time! While we were at the beach we collected a ton of shells while we walked and sat and plain enjoyed our day at Huntington Beach.
When we got home to Utah we washed all the sand off of the shells and stuck some in this vase. Ever since than this vase has been sitting on our coffee table full of shells from a trip that we really enjoyed.
No comments:
Post a Comment