Saturday, March 21, 2009

My lucky Friday!

On Thursday Landi and I went to the bookstore to go pick up our caps and gowns for graduation. The school had sent us in the mail a thing to put your name in a drawing so when we got to the bookstore we put our names in for a drawing, picked up free water bootles, license plate frames, a chocolate bar, alumni associations card, picked out our gowns, cap, and tassel, and got free popcorn and pop. We also bought BYU-IDAHO Class of 2009 tee shirts for $5 each. When we got home we tried on our shirts as well as our caps and gowns but we only took pictures of us in our tee shirts because we recorded us in our caps and gowns. My gown was too big for me when I tried it on. I know it goes by height but the one I grabbed went all the way to my toes and the sleeves went down to the middle of my hands. So yesterday we went back at about 1:45 after Landi got out of class to go exchange it. I grabbed the right one and put the other one back. For every 15 people who came to get their caps and gowns got a free t-shirt. We weren't the 15th people but they gave us one anyway. We asked when the drawing was going to be and they told us that it was going to be in about 5 minutes so we decided to wait and see what kind of prizes they were giving out and who would win them not expecting ourselves to win anything. So the first prize was a sweater and some guy one that one. The second prize was a really nice pen set and some girl won that one. The next prize was an Ipod nano and they happened to call my name. I'm pretty sure my jaw dropped when I heard them call "Jamie Rae Duka" and that I won an Ipod nano. I was in shock I never win anything like this let alone anything at all. Since I already had an Ipod I gave the one I won to Landi since he doesn't have one. And now we both have Ipods to listen to on our way to work or school.