Friday, October 2, 2009

Finally an Update!



I know I haven't updated in quite a bit and I don't have a lot of pictures to show what we have been up to but here it goes:

1) Landi had his green card interview thing on June 12th in Boise at 10:45 am. So we drove to Boise on June 11th after we got off work because we didn't want to wake up at 3 or 4 to drive there. So we got to Boise and stayed at the Double Tree Inn. We expected to have the interview last at least 2 to 3 hours but we got there at 10:15 (half an hour early like they wanted) and had the interview at 10:45 (like scheduled) and the interview lasted like 10 minutes. They asked him stuff like are you a terrorist? and are you part of a communist group? and all those types of questions. And they also asked us for proof that we are married but it was stuff like showing that we have joint bank accounts and bills in both names and the funny thing is they didn't ask for our marriage certificates which was the one thing that they would want from us as proof that we really were married because we wanted to get married and not married so Landi could get a green card to stay in the States. So when the interview was done we went to Bajios for lunch and tried to decide what we wanted to do because we didn't want to drive 6 hours and spent the night in Idaho for a 10 minute interview so we decided to go to Rexburg and see Bear World since we never got to go before we moved. I was supposed to work the next day so I called them and told them that I was stuck in Boise still working on Landis Green Card "problem" and I wouldn't make it to work the next day. So they said okay and we headed to Rexburg where we stayed at the Days Inn, went to the $2 theater, bought some BYU-Idaho stuff, and went to Bear World. We had a blast going to Rexburg unplanned!
2) On July Fourth I had to work for a few hours but than Landi and I hung out with Chris, Cat, and Logan and went to the Bonneville Trail to watch the fireworks from the BYU football stadium.
3) Than later in July my mom, Jacob and Michelle drove over to Utah from Reno and hung out with Matthew, Chris, Cat, Logan, Landi and I for a few days. We went to the Hogle Zoo, Temple Square, and had some fun while they were here.
4) Than Landi's brother Elton and his wife Bona bought a foreclosed house in West Valley City. So we spent most of August up there helping them clean the house and fix the house up since Landi knows how to fix holes in walls and things like that.
5) Landi went to Arizona in August to report what he had done for his internship. He was there for a couple of days and while he was there he went to his first baseball game. It was the Diamondbacks verses the Dodgers I believe he said it was. The company that he is doing his internship for built the Diamondbacks Stadium so they have a suite in the stadium so they took all the interns the company has in Utah and Arizona to the Diamondbacks Stadium. It was pretty funny he had to call me and ask me all these things about baseball and what was going on or ask the people next to him becasue the only sport he really knows is Soccer since that is the most popular sport in Europe.
6) Also in August we celebrated our 2 year anniversary. We wanted to try a new restaurant that we had never been to before so we went to a restaurant called Carrabas by the University Mall. It was super delisous and is now our new favorite restaurant. We also went to watch the new GI Joes movie which was also really good.
7) On August 20th I started my final semester which is Student Teaching. I am in the 6th grade at Midas Creek Elementary in Riverton, Utah which takes me about 40 mimutes to get to in the morning and almost an hour to get home depending on traffic. It is so much fun and I love it more than I thought I would. I was so scared to try it at first because I thought they were going to have tempers on them because of puberty and I joked with Landi all the time that I was going to come home with black eyes and bloddy lips and bruises and scratches all over me but they are sweet kids and really, really intelligent. I have a lot of kids who if they get a score that is in the 80's or 90's they will redo their papers to get a hundred. I also have a lot of kids who if they are missing anything they make it up and I don't have to bug them to get their work turned in because they do it themselves.
8) Also in September we had Matthew, Elton, and Bona over for my birthday. We had blackforest cake, roast, baked potatoes, and corn. We had a great time laughing and joking around and having some fun.
So we have had a pretty busy summer and we look forward to a great fall as well!

No comments: