Wednesday, October 28, 2009
My Survivor Moment
So tonight I was at the mall getting some stuff for my class tomorrow. We are ready the True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle which is about a girl in the 1800's. This girl is the type of girl who is always prim and proper. She always does what she is told and wears the fancy dresses with the white gloves. Her family is from Providence, Rhode Island but has lived in Liverpool, England for several years. Her family has gone back to live Rhode Island but Charlotte stays in England to finish school. When shcool ends she is taken to a ship called the Seahawk where she is to sail along the ocean and back to Rhode Island and her family with other families that are like hers. She gets to the ship and boards thinking the other families are already aboard but soon finds they are not. Along the journey to Rhode Island she finds that the crew is a crew of pirates. She soon learns their lifestyle and loves the life of a pirate. When she meets her family they are disgusted and try to mold her back to the way that she was. She doesn't like it and soon learns the Seahawk is back in Rhode Island and about to set sail. So she sneaks out of her house late one night and leaves to live the life of a pirate. It is a really interesting story. So tomorrow we are going to be talking about pirates and pirate ships and so I went to a Halloween store at the University Mall. I was shopping around when I saw Tyson from this last season of Survivor. I wish I had my camera but I didn't but it was awesome. I've never really met anyone famous before so it was really cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Fun! Remember when we saw Sandra at the PX?
oh ya I forgot about that! I guess its my second survivor moment!
so im actually updating my blog now! haha
Post a Comment