Monday, January 3, 2011

Believing in families are forever

So yesterday I had to work from 5 pm until 2 am. When I got to work the manager that opened told me that a girl that we work with had something terrible happen to her. She told me that this girls father had had a heart attack during priesthood meeting and did not make it, he had passed away. It was something that was unexpected and totally unpredictable. It made me think about when Oma had her cancer it was something that was as unpredictable and unexpected as a heart attack. We never knew if it was going to get better or not. Through that experience with Oma it made me realize "families are forever" really was true. That we really do get to see our loved ones after we die. My whole life I heard it over and over and over again and just kind of ignored it and I guess never really thought about it or believed it until those six months Oma battled her cancer and I prayed to know if it was true or not. At about midnight last night this girl, Lindsey, and her boyfriend Travis came through the drive thru and I related my experience with Oma to Lindsey and how she should never stop believing that she will some day see her father again. I hope her family does well and gets through this terrible experience.

2 comments:

The Keenan Family said...

Families are forever! I love this post Jamie! Miss you, you should write more, your good at it.

Riland and Jamie Duka said...

I like to write!