It now sits on the table that is in between our couches with a little candy dish that I found at D.I. this last week for a dollar and a fabric basket underneath the table full of blankets. The colors need to change because it doesn't necessarily match. In our living room we are going for red but we have a lot to work to do to make everything match in our living room so this is how the table looks for now:
I also felt like kind of redecorating the kitchen counters. I don't know about anyone else but I hate the look of things like dish soap and what not sitting on the sink. I also hate the feeling of having chicken juice and meat on my hands after touching them so I like to have hand soap handy for when I wash my hands after touching them so I found a little silver holder that I can put the soap in as well as the scrubby for when I do the dishes. I have also wanted for a while something that I can put spatulas and other cooking utensils in. So I got the silver thing to put those in. While Landi's parents lived with us his mom always used olive oil when she cooked. And in Albania they use basalmic viniger as a type of ingtedient on a salad so we had some of that to. So I also wanted something that I could put those in as well. So I got some little bottles to put those in and I found all of these for $1 each at D.I. Now my counter looks like this:
My bathroom is also still a work in progress like the living room but Landi and I needed a new shower curtain and floor mats. So I decided to go to Ross and see what I could find. I decided to go with green and brown. Two of my favorite colors. I found the shower curtain and floor mats and some hand towels at Ross for less than $20. These is the floor mats and the shower curtain:
I also wanted jars that I could put some cotton balls and Q-Tips in because I use both on an everyday basis so I found those at Ross for 3 dollars each. I also wanted something to put my hair twisties and what not in so I emptied the white thing out (I got that in college to use for pens because I have an obsession with writing so I have a lot of pens) and use the drawers for those things. So thats my bathrrom counter:
The next thing on my list of thins to buy for the bathroom is new towels. I want to get brown towels to put in there because the ones we have are no good. See:
I was very proud of myself for being crafty and redecorating my apartment.
1 comment:
yay Jamie! It is always fun and refreshing to redecorate.
Post a Comment