Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Cherry Hill/Moving
This summer feels like a really short one. We have been super busy with packing, moving and of course going to Cherry Hill. The last time I had gone to Cherry Hill was when I was 15 and that was 12 years ago. Holy cow I feel old! My younger brother and sister go to BYU-Idaho in Rexburg so my parents decided to drive the 12 hours from Washington to Rexburg to go pick them up. Landi, Chris, Cat and I live in Orem. With Matthew and Celsie in Logan, Utah. So after picking up my younger brother and sister my parents drove to Utah and stayed with Matthew and Celsie. The next day (Sunday) we took family pictures at a place called Wheeler Farms in Murray. And they turned out pretty amazing. Then we all went to dinner and up to Cherry Hill in Kaysville. Cherry Hill is this campground that is built on a hill and used to have thousands of cherry tree's hence the name Cherry Hill. Now all the cherry trees are gone and they have some other tree's there instead. It also has a small water park as well. There are a couple of water slides, a lazy river, a couple of swimming pools and a inner tube ride called Cardiac Canyon. It's a lot of fun and we had a great time with everyone in the family being able to show up. It was the first time everyone was together since I think before Chris went on his mission in 2003. Spouses and 1 grandchild included.
The Monday after Cherry Hill Landi and I loaded the U-Haul (thanks to Chris and Cat's help) and the trailer with the Toyota. On Tuesday we set sail for Michigan. We decided to take three days to drive there because two days would be a lot to handle. Landi got a job out here in Michigan so that's why we moved. Last week was his first week of work and so far is really enjoying the time he spends there learning all the new material he has to learn and having a great time. During his first week of work he had heard about this museum called The Henry Ford. It was amazing! There is so much history there about Ford cars (duh!) and also some American history as well. We got there at 10:30 and didn't leave until it closed at 5 because there was so much history and facts to read. They even had a place in the airplane part of the museum where kids could build paper airplanes and test how far they could go. It was to demonstrate what it would be like if someone was building a real airplane. It was pretty awesome.
Now here I am working on getting my license as a teacher here in Michigan. I'm glad that I don't have to take any tests to certify. I just have to apply, send in my transcripts showing I took reading courses in college as part of my major, and take a CPR/First Aid class and certify and send that in as well. Oh and that I have a certification in the state of Idaho showing that I am licensed to teach there. It's all coming across very nicely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment