Friday, August 1, 2008

Not so nice mothers during education week

Well other then working at Albertsons I work on campus cleaning the dorms as well as painting the rails outside the dorms just until the fall semester starts. Yesterday then my friend Savannah and I went to dorm one and were getting ready to paint on one sid. Across the way on the other side of the dorms then we heard a door open so we look up to see a girl of no more then maybe 17 or 18 years old come out and a boy no older then maybe 14 or 15 years old walking towards her. We here her say something to the affect of "Here he comes" as we watch the parents come rushing out the dorm room. A first I thought that he may have been lost or something and then we noticed the outraged look on both their faces. At that moment I went back to painting because I didn't want them to look over and see both of us staring right at the whole scene. They starting yelling at this boy although i couldn't really here what they were saying because my ears suck. Anyways I look up to see the mother literally throw this boy onto the couch. Savannah said she had tried to grab him but he took a step back with a face of terror as his sister looked on like it was nothing new that was happening. After I see the mother throw the boy on the couch I go back to painting becuase I didn't want to stare but Savannah kept looking and I hear this loud noise. It ended up as Savannah puts it "like she is about to walk away but then raises her hand and slaps him across the face" Then the door closes and we are not sure what goes on inside the dorm but a few minutes later they come walking out the dorm like nothing ever happens. Savannah tells Don our supervisor about what happened and what we saw later that afternoon since I only work till noon. We got to talking after the whole thing happens and after what we say we weren't sure if we should have reported what we saw or not. What scared us about the whole thing is Savannah caught some of what they said and it sounded like they got mad becuase he went to go say hi to a friend but they were going to breakfast and invited him along so he went without saying anything. Although he should have told his parents what he had done its sad to know that he gets thrown and slapped because of it. Something else that scared us was if she slaps him with the door open what does she do behind closed doors or when she is at home? And the sister had a look on her face like this happens to the family all the time which is sad because they are all LDS families that go to this education week that is held here. Its also sad that a few minutes later when they came out to go to the classes they acted like nothing ever happened! Like they were one big happy family. It makes me sick to think that if they do this here what do they do at home? And how mch do we have to see if we were to report something like that?

1 comment:

Rachel and Kenny said...

I don't blame you for reporting that. If she treats her kids like that outside of home...who knows what she does behind closed doors. You did what was right.

Kennys mom was there for education week! Did your famliy come down?